Foundations, Trusts and Non Profit Organizations dedicated to the well being of children:
- Annie E. Casey Foundation – Dedicated to helping build better futures for disadvantaged children
- Child Trends – Information and insights on the well-being of children and youth
- Children Uniting Nations – Work closely with local foster agencies, foster families, teachers, counselors, and Extended Learning (ELA) staff to assess students’ levels of academic achievement and self-esteem and to develop individual mentoring plans with specific goals.
- Childrens Rights – A national advocacy group working to reform failing child welfare systems
- Foster U – College Fund for Foster Youth
- Foster Club – A Forum for current foster youth
- Texans Care For Children – Child Advocacy and Legislative focus
- United Friends of the Children – Focused on Los Angeles, CA – Providing service-enriched education and housing programs, advocacy
Projects, Causes and Misc Foster Related
- My Sky Is Falling – A project that aims to raise awareness about the challenges American foster children face before they age out of the foster care system
Favorite Blogs By Foster Children and Adults
- LT’s Foster Blog – Raw, honest writings of a 20 something former foster. Any long term foster child will immediately relate to these stories.